Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best creams/lotions/potions to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy?

They are genetic, if your mother got them then its very likely you will get them too. I tried bio oil but still got them. Try not to put too much weight on either. With my first one I didnt get any (put 2.5 stone on) but with my second I did (put 4 stone on!)





I wouldnt worry too much as they fade after and you cant really see mine anymoreWhat is the best creams/lotions/potions to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy?
Coco butter is supposed to be good. Personally the smell of it made me sick!!


Any good moisturiser will help, just make sure to cover every little bit of you, not just your tummy but your bum, thighs, top of legs etc.What is the best creams/lotions/potions to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy?
I'm lucky, had none with my first at 31 but had a couple with my second last year and I think that's because I was 38 and my skin is losing it's elastisity. I've heard that there is no miracle cream or oil to stop them, but it's worth trying something like cocoa-butter cream, even if it doesn't work, it's nice to pamper yourself and the baby must like the action of you putting the cream on, bet it reacts to your touch.
Plain coconut oil we made at home. I bet this would work on any skin type.. My mothers family, my sisters and I have all used it during pregnancy and while my mother has a few (shes had 8 children!!), none of my sisters or I have a single one.
almond oil, my wife used it 3 times and not a stretch mark on her!
VITAMIN E OIL (sometimes known as BIO OIL or SCAR TISSUE OIL)





Apply as often as you like to reduce stretching and scarring
I think if you're going to get them you will anyway; I used cocoa butter in my first pregnancy and with the second, but they appeared 2nd time around anyway. It just softens your skin I suppose and gives it a bit more elasticity..think it also depends on whether your bump has a sudden growth spurt! Good luck; I love my stretch marks and wouldn't trade them for anything; it's a tattoo of motherhood!
COCO Butter
CLARINS do an amazing one cant remember the name - top seller though
'; Mothers Friend';, Pure CoCo Butter And Pure Vitimine '; E'; Oil. Just smooth on any of the Three listed above, and you can do if every time you think about it expecially when the stomache itches,. Happy Pregnancy, Rita
Cocoa butter works wonders but start using it immedietly. Or there is that new formula bio-oil which is very expensive but i havent tried that.
ive had a child and no matter how much cream you use you will still get them im afraid. its all because f the elasticity of the skin so it will stretch no matter what. after my baby was born i used bio oil and it reduces the redness and appearence of stretch marks plus it works better than anything else on the market. believe me ive tried most of 'em. it costs about 8 quid and you can buy it from any chemist
Theres an amazing oil called ';Bio oil'; out there. Its amazing and works for all sorts of skin problems, stretch marks, scars and acne x
I don't know about oils, but if you increase the zinc in your diet, that might be your best bet. Stop stretch marks at the source.
coca butter i have 3 children in 5 years and i dont have many stretch marks and my children were big
cocoa butter or Dr stoppards lotion
Try Bio-oil ..available in two sizes.. its good stuff and apparently excellent for stretch marks!
try Bio-oil.
Palmers cocoa butter is definitely one of the better ones, but there are also specific treatments like Skin Doctors Stretch Away. Not sure if you can use it during pregnancy though...
bio oil
Plamers Co-coa butter every morning and night, they also do an oil which you can apply after taking a bath/shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment