Monday, December 21, 2009

What did you use to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy? Creams, exercise, etc...be specific?

I know there is no way to completely eliminate the chance of stretch marks but I have always had a really great looking flat stomach and I'm really not excited about my belly looking like i was attacked by a tiger after my baby is born! lol I swear im not trying to sound like that's all I care about either...after all my husband and i planned the pregnancy but i do want to be able to show my stomach off again..lolWhat did you use to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy? Creams, exercise, etc...be specific?
My mother did have stretch marks, so naturally I assumed I would have them also , although I prayed that I did not get them. I simply soaked myself in baby oil afer ever shower. (I think I went trhough two of the larger bottles) I would just put as much on my stomach as could I stand. I ended up with not one stretch mark!!!! GOOD LUCK ! And Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!What did you use to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy? Creams, exercise, etc...be specific?
Palmer's Cocoa Butter
hey, same here:) every day looking at my broadening tummy I keep on praying there r no stretch marks and my thin waist is soon back:) I've got a special cream to prevent stretches, not on cocoa butter base... something herbal, the name is ';I knew';- it's for pregnant women and must be safe. Otherwise they say even a good moisturizing body lotion can work the same way, just u have to apply it often enough (and make sure it's safe for pregnant)


I asked experienced women - stretches can be completely avoided, even after multiple pregnancies.
I heard cocoa butter works really well.
both times i was pregnant i used a thick oil like mineral an/or castor oil to iliminate strerch marks. i have none so it does work.
LMAO!! THAT WAS TOTALLY ME A FEW YRS AGO I'M 6'1 NICE FIGURE AND WAS WORRIED ABOUT MY STOMACH (WAS ALWAYS FLAT) USE WARM OLIVE OIL EVERY NIGHT OR EVERY TIME THE STRETCH MARKS ITCH SO THEY WON'T GROW OR GET DARKER, OF COURSE COCOA BUTTER AND ALSO #1 MEDERMA, AWESOME IT WORKS GREAT.TRY NOT TO SCRATCH THATS HOW THEY GET STARTED JUST RUB THE AREA.
HA! I truly believed there were ways...I tried EVERYTHING! I used concentrated baby oil gel, pure vitamin E gel, collagen elastin cream, etc...etc...etc...





And I got them anyways. I know how you feel, because I was DETERMINED not to get them...but I did.





On a brighter note, they do actually fade. My cousin said hers started fading around a year after each of her 3 kids was born. And a good friend of mine showed me hers the other day (from a year %26amp; a half ago), and they're fading a lot. It certainly wouldn't be the first thing you looked at if you saw her belly. They don't stand out much at all. Another friend told me she actually managed to almost completely get rid of hers with a couple years of faithful vitamin e gel application.





My plan right now? I'm gonna keep gellin' my belly until baby's born %26amp; beyond, and keep my fingers crossed! =]
I used cocoa butter with vitamin E and it actually worked, I quit using the lotion 2 weeks before my baby was born, she dropped, and then the stretch marks came, but I only have 2 of them and they are low down because she dropped, so try it ! It worked for me!
Good luck....I tried everything and still got them. If you do get them, it's ok, a part of life. You can look at them and remember how excited you were just to be pregnant =)





Congrats!
vitamin e lotion
A good way to tell if you're going to have stretch marks is to check your mom's belly. Your genetics may save you if she didn't get them. Some women don't get them at all. My sister used stuff called Belly Butter. It's expensive (about $25) and it's a small tube, but it must have worked because she only has 2 faint lines now (2 months postpartum).

No comments:

Post a Comment