Saturday, December 26, 2009

Have you or someone you know used progesterone cream for pregnancy and been successful? PLEASE HELP?

ok, so i had a miscarriage back in august at 6 weeks.


when i went to the er they only did hcg test, so there really isn't any way for me to know why i miscarried.





i have read so much about the maybe causes of a miscarriage. the two main things i have read are Fetal Defects and Progesterone levels.


i am now back in my first two week wait since my miscarriage and DONT WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER!!! so i know if there is a fetal defect there really isn't anything i can do. BUT if i had a progesterone problem then using a all natural progesterone cream should help until my doc can see if i have a problem, right?





i know the whole ';your shouldn't self medicate'; but if it was some as small as my progesterone levels being low, and i can use a cream to help, that even if i don't need it-it will not effect me or my baby, why not use it?





do you know anyone who as used it and been successful? thanks in advance for your time!!! :)Have you or someone you know used progesterone cream for pregnancy and been successful? PLEASE HELP?
i've had 2 mc's, only started the progesterone suppositories on the second time i got pg. my progesterone levels were ok, but ob recommended it since its not harmful and just to be on the safe side. i still mc'd, this time at 6-7 weeks. the sac was empty. i'm sure it will work for you. a lot of women who have low progesterone have successful pg's with progesterone supplements.


i'm not sure about the cream, but i heard suppositories do a better job. goodluck!Have you or someone you know used progesterone cream for pregnancy and been successful? PLEASE HELP?
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. I had a similar thing happen, I waited too long to have progesterone tested, and by the time they did I had already lost the baby (and it had a heartbeat!). Anyway, when I found out I was pregnant this time I immediately called and told my doctor I needed a progesterone and HCG count tests. She ordered them and HCG was fine but progesterone low again. They put me on suppositories twice daily and I spotted for a few days, but now am almost 20 weeks and baby is great! I took progesterone for the first tri, and discontinued at 13 weeks. I wouldn't trust the cream, but insist on the suppositories. They are fast acting and natural and won't harm the baby. The cream I don't think is as effective. The suppositories are kinda gross but so worth it to save your baby and yourself from heartbreak. Good luck! Also, if you have trouble getting what you want, go to an OBGYN that specializes in infertility as well, they are usually more sympathetic and willing to do what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment