Monday, December 21, 2009

Progesterone pill vs cream in early pregnancy?

Thoughts? Which one is better absorbed? ThanksProgesterone pill vs cream in early pregnancy?
I used an all natural cream until my 6 week appointment when my doctor prescribed me Prometrium (RX Progesterone) taken twice daily. I knew (from previous experience and past miscarriages due to low progesterone levels) that I needed to take progesterone. I believe that my pregnancy was sustained by using the cream until I could have the stronger RX. The Prometrium is the better choice as far as being absorbed goes.Progesterone pill vs cream in early pregnancy?
My doctor prescribed me the pill inserted vaginally. When my blood was drawn to see how my progesterone levels were doing it actually did not go up at all LoL. I started at 9.4 before starting prometrium then it went to 9.3. However I heard that when inserting the pill vaginally the level in your blood does not go up immediately because it is actually going right to your uterus (where it needs to be) and so far I am doing great...
Doctors will usually not prescribe the pill because the medicine is better absorbed with the cream assuming you are taking it to help prevent a miscarriage.
I took 100 mg progesterone pill one per day for first 12 weeks of my pregnancy.. it helped me stablise the pregnancy.. it has loads of side effects but works...





Don't know about the Cream..





Good luck
I took prometrium in my first trimester and it worked just fine so try that, if that is what you're referring to.
you shouldnt take ';the Pill'; or cream, when pregnant, did a doc prescribe this?
why would you need the pill?

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    best stretch mark prevention cream during pregnancy

    ReplyDelete