Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it safe to use a muscle rub cream during pregnancy ?

I have been having horrible lower back pain for 3 days now. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I believe that it is my sciatica. I have a prenatal visit in 2 weeks. My question is, I already own a muscle rub cream but I'm not sure if it is safe to use? It is not name brand and does not say on the container that it warns use if pregnant. The ingredients include:


Active:


Menthol 1%


Methyl Salicylate 15%





Inactive:


Carbomer, Cetyl Alchohol, Emulsifying Wax NF, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Propylparaben, Triethanolamine, Water





Have you been told by a doctor that is it okay to use muscle cream? Thanks for your help. Serious answers only please!Is it safe to use a muscle rub cream during pregnancy ?
I was having really bad backache and hip pain and my doctor told me to use these creams, but you do need to talk to your doctor before you do. But it should be fine.Is it safe to use a muscle rub cream during pregnancy ?
Sweetie, sorry but I've suffered badly from back injuries for over 15years %26amp; when I became pregnant asked my Ob about every cream I could think of (from scripted to over the counter to herbal ones from the health food store), he didn't approve one of them! I cope by seeing my acupuncturist %26amp; massage regularly, warm baths with epsom salts are okay %26amp; heat packs but that's about it xxx
as far as i know ibuprofen gel is safe to use.. but not muscle rub, if u had the leaflet for it, it would most likely say, check with doctor before use.





try taking some tylenol (in usa) or some paracetamol, or use a hot water bottle/warm bath instead.
u need to give ur Dr. a call to check and see if u can use that

No comments:

Post a Comment