Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Are the stretch marks creams effective during pregnancy?

.......... or is it harmful to baby???





what kind shoukld i use , what is the best ingredient that it should have??Are the stretch marks creams effective during pregnancy?
I have two children and no strech marks, here is what I did.....





EVERY SINGLE NIGHT





I bought Vitamin E capsules (the regular ones u would ingest), cut two open with scizzors, and squeezed them on belly, then rub in well. The actual capsules are stronger then the already made oils in my opinion.





Then, to seal in that moisture I used a cocoa butter stick (99cents) and rubbed that all over my belly on top of the vitamin E.





If you are faithful with it, it will work! Just make sure to do it everyday, or after a shower, or bath to seal in moisture.





Congratulations and good luck! I have heard of people trying the strechmark creams, and I have always heard they didn't work.Are the stretch marks creams effective during pregnancy?
No they are not effective. You are going to get stretch marks if you are genetically inclined to get them. There is nothing you can do. I used lotions everyday religiously and still got them. My doctor told me the truth after I complained. :) Don't waste your money.





They are not harmful to the baby though. They would not be allowed to sell them to pregnant women if they were.
Since i found out i was pregnant ive been putting palmers cocoa butter on my belly every night after my shower and i havent gotten stretch marks yet (34 weeks pregnant now) but maybe i just got lucky





But the stretch mark creams that are the ';best'; usually contain cocoa and shea butters, But some women i know get stretch marks no matter how often they apply it and how early they started using it
They do not prevent stretch marks. Whether or not you get them is all about genetics and how fast/slow you gain weight. If you gain a bunch of weight in a hurry then you may get them, but if you gain the weight slowly over your pregnancy you are less likely to have stretch marks. Your belly will be itchy, just keep it moisturized with lotion.
Cocoa Butter is the best, it's not harmful. Chances are you will get them at some point, but wear them proud they are an accomplishment. It has a lot to do with genetics so if your mom has them chances are you will too. The cream just lotions the skin so it has a little better chance of stretching, but there's nothing to really prevent them
No harm. I used vitamin e lotion with my first and don't have any stretch marks on my stomach. Unfortunately I have them on my hips, legs and breasts, because I didn't use it there!!! I'm using the cocoa butter formula massage cream for stretch marks now and it seems to be helping.
im 38 weeks and have been applying body butter from bath and body every day twice a day from 20 weeks on and don't have any stretch marks so far. recently because my skin has been itchy alot i have been using baby oil every day twice a day on my belly also.
Im 22 weeks pregnant with a belly the size of a 32 week woman! I'm huge!


I've been using Palmer's Massage Cream for Stretch Marks its amazing i don't have 1 stretch mark any were i use it twice a day and swear by it.
It helps but I don't think they will actually get rid of them fully. Stretch marks are hereditary so chances are if your mom had them, you will have them, regardless.
My dermatologist said the special creams that are sold for stretch marks really don't work that well. She suggested plain vitamin E oil. You may want to run that by your doc. :)
not effective for me... it is mostly genetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment