Monday, December 21, 2009

Can i use canisten thrush cream in pregnancy?

I've just sent my husband out to the shop (lol) to get me some canisten thrush cream, but he's just phoned to say on the packet it says consult a doctor before using in pregnancy.





I'm 20 weeks pregnant.





My girly bits are SORE and itchy, its 9.30pm and i wont be able to get hold of a doctor.





Why does it say consult a doctor before using the cream ?





I'm not going to take any thrush tablets, i just need some cream on me bits or i wont sleep tonight.





Any advice ?Can i use canisten thrush cream in pregnancy?
Canesten is perfectly safe to use in pregnancy. I have had a battle with thrush since falling pregnant back in february, I have seen 3 different doctors and they have all prescribed Canesten without having to examine me.


Hope this helps :-)Can i use canisten thrush cream in pregnancy?
Every single medication advises to consult your doctor - the manufacturers have to cover themselves legally. However it is perfectly safe to use Canesten or another thrush cream - I use it all the time (been really bothered by thrush since I became pregnant - yuck!) Honestly, it's much better to use it than to hold off waiting to phone your docs and claw at your bits and be in itchy, burning hell all night! Trust me, I know from experience!!!
No dangers using it! Just be careful with the applicator if you plan to use that - no shoving it right up as someone else said. By the sounds of it you just want to stick some cream on to relieve the discomfort which should cause no problems whatsoever.





The reason they ask you to consult a doctor first is that lots of people assume they have thrush when really it could be a different type of infection, like an STI that really needs treating or COULD go on to cause major problems!
Yes you can use it but just use it topically (as in dont use the aplicator to insert it up your vagina, just use it on the part you can reach yourself)
Its fine - sleep is more important to you!! Talk to your practise nurse tomorrow about it.











*hides tube of Canesten she just checked!! I have it too and about ready to have a screaming fit!!*
If it's topical, then it's fine. What I mean is, don't go shoving it up there or anything OK?! LOL





ps: also Canesten make a powder, which I think is better than their cream.
  • home theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment