Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2nd pregnancy and stretch marks/creams?

I have a tummy covered in stretch marks from my son. Now I'm expecting #2 I was wondering if its worth using the creams or oils as I have the marks already and the prices add up. I used them everyday from about 12 weeks with my first and it never made any difference.








What did you Mums do?2nd pregnancy and stretch marks/creams?
I did nothing. Of course stretch marks are 1 of the ugliest things in the world, but everytime I look at them it reminds me of who put them there! And that I would soo do it all over again.2nd pregnancy and stretch marks/creams?
I never used any cream or oil... once in a while I'd use aveeno lotion if I remembered, which wasn't often, and I never got any stretch marks at all.





Stretch marks have more to do with genetics, and no cream can change your genetics.





If you got stretch marks with your 1st, and if your mom got stretch marks, no amount of cream or oil is going to prevent them the 2nd time around.





Likewise, if you're not prone to stretch marks, even without creams or oils, you're not going to get them.





I'd save the money and skip the creams, they don't do anything.
A large percentage of pregnant women get stretch marks on their stomach, and more than 75% of women develop stretch marks around the waist, stomach, upper legs, butt and breast during pregnancy. However, even though there are creams to help these stretch marks, pregnant women are advised against using them. These creams have a high vitamin A content, which can really affect a developing fetus.





There are many ways you can help yourself avoid pregnancy stretch marks. Wear a good support bra to avoid stretch marks on your breasts. Use a body brush to massage the areas where you want to avoid getting stretch marks. The reason stretch marks appear during pregnancy is because of the rapid weight gain some women go through, therefore if you try to avoid gaining too much weight you may be able to avoid stretch marks altogether.





If you are interested in more effective ways of getting rid of pregnancy stretch marks, you can read abt them from this site: http://stretch-marks.my-fashion-house.co鈥?/a>
I have stretch marks all over my stomach as well. Almost as high up as my chest. They surround my belly button. Pretty bad. I use the Palmers lotion and it doesnt help whatsoever. I would just accept its the fact of pregnancy. Some ppl are very fortunate and have little stretch marks and others have lots.
I used cream every now and again and I still got them. Bad too. Ugh I hate my stomach now!





I wouldnt buy the cream if you already have them. Its not like it could be any worse!





Guess it depends on how bad you got them too? If its bad then yeah I wouldnt bother.
Of course it didn't make a difference, they won't. It's a myth that creams and lotions help any. It all comes down to genetics and your skin's elasticity.





Sounds like you'll get more this time around.
i don't think any stretch mark cream really works. the only way you can keep them to a minimum is to keep your belly moisturized at all times
I wouldnt even waste my money your going to get them reguardless. Sorry!





- je蠅e鈩撯創褔ss伪's 屑伪屑伪 *;
i used cocoa butter and did absolutley nothing, i still got them! then with my second they just grew slightley at the ends, i guess some people get them and there is no way to prevent them!
Bio oil is good you need to use it regularly i have been using daily for a month and they are starting to fade!
palmers tummy butter

No comments:

Post a Comment