Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is all cream cheese safe in pregnancy?

Hi! I am 23 weeks preg and worried b/c I just had a bagel and cream cheese from one of those nice bagel shops that have their own cream cheese.





I thought I heard one time that all cream cheese is safe because the very way it is made means it's pastuerized- I looked up cream cheese on wikipedia and under manufacturing it talks about how it is made, and it seems like it is always heated to a certain degree to kill bacteria and it has to be heated just right or the cream cheese becomes crumbly and not smooth. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_chees鈥?/a>





Anyway guess I'm just looking for some reassurance!


Thanks!Is all cream cheese safe in pregnancy?
eat away honey. Worrying about what you eat all the time is mostly a waste of time. Most things aren't a big concern anyways and my midwife always says there is a reason you are craving it.Is all cream cheese safe in pregnancy?
Any milk product made in the US is pasteurized, so it is very safe. If you live outside of the US, then you would have to know your country's standards.
Any cheese that is pasturized is fine, and to my knowledge all cream cheese is pasturized.
id say a once off is pok i ate loads of things u not supposed to! apparantley u not supposed to eat nuts but i craved snicker bars???? or mayonnaise i went kinda crazy on that too!!!! im 40 weeks and baby heakthy so dont worry just dont go too crazy on it!
dont worry about it!! if there was something really bad you need to stay away from your doc will let you know :) if you have doubts though, the doctor is the best person to ask.... or call one of the nurses they may even have an answer :)



It's fine. Don't worry!
Trust me hun, If you nit pick over everything, you will drive yourself nuts!





Seriously though, don't stress, stress is WAY more harmful than cream cheese ever though about being. When I was pregnant, I ate lunchmeat, nuts, cheeses, and even the occational pop or cup of coffee! My son is fine, and I had a great pregnancy.





Don't sweat the small stuff!
Cream cheese form a bagel shop is fine. If it was unpasteurized they would have to have that posted so the public was aware. You can relax and enjoy your bagel and cream cheese.
  • home theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment