Wednesday, December 30, 2009

At what point in pregnancy should you start using creams/oils to prevent stretch marks?

I know that stretch-marks can creep up unsuspectingly and quite sudden- I gained a lot of weight one summer when I was in high school, and one day I noticed I had these red claw-like marks all over! I'm pregnant for the first time, and now that those stretch marks have faded from my younger years, I'm super worried about getting more of them! Does anyone know what the best time would be to start applying the creams/oils to help prevent stretch marks?At what point in pregnancy should you start using creams/oils to prevent stretch marks?
You can't prevent them. Stretch marks are hereditary. You'll get them or you won't. Creams can make them a little less noticeable. Start ASAP and apply liberally. FYI - I got stretch marks during puberty on my hips - and I'm a skinny individual. I haven't gotten any during pregnancy so far and I have passed my due date (still no baby). Just because you have gotten them before doesn't mean you'll definitely get them again. At what point in pregnancy should you start using creams/oils to prevent stretch marks?
now. its not proven to prevent them...but it def. couldn't hurt. ask your doctor if you can take vitamin E pills, i've heard this can help...i'm sure you can its just best to ask your doctor before taking any supplement. and make sure you drink a ton of water, keeping well hydrated will keep your skin hydrated and it will have more elasticity.
When you start showing. They don't prevent the stretchmarks completely, but you won't have them as big or as many as you would've had if you didn't use the cream. Use Palmer's stretch mark cream on your belly, breasts, thighs and butt.





My science behind this (unprofessional) but most black people get less stretchmarks than most whites. Black people have more collagen in their skin and age later on as well, therefore using a cream with collagen in it should help us somewhat.
i would start apply creams and oils at 4 monthes because thats when you begin to show, and be sure to do it everyday =]
you might get them anyway, but creams help to fade them. i use bio-oil in the morning and then cocoa butter at night. even if it doesn't work, it feels great, and it's nice to have hubby do it for you too.
If your going to get them , you will., I think its more hereditary. I always use cocoa butter after my shower to avoid itching and I have never had one stretch mark. Im 36 wks with number 3.
I would just use lotion or whatever as soon as possible so that you prevent any from occuring
The day you find out your pregnant. Make the skin supple and able to stretch early on.
I would use them from Day one....don't get cheap stuff though. My OB's office has some creams that are pretty pricey...if they work, then they are worth their weight in gold ! but I wouldn't go for the $1.99 coco butter at longs or anything like that. I liked this stuff called ';Tummy Honey'; you'd have to google it to find it but it smelled so yummy!


It's luck of the draw with stretch marks though, some people use the creams and still get them, some people don't use the creams and don't get them.
Now.


I started at like 8 weeks of pregnancy and I havent gotten one!


Use BIO oil!! no joke. you can get it at shoppers drug mart or a super market. best buy ever
EDIT:


Either when you find out you are pregnant or when you start trying to conceive.





I started using Curel Pregnancy and Motherhood lotion before I even found out I was pregnant even though I was, so I was about in my third week of conception..my mind must have subconsciously knew, but anyways-I am now 25w4d (In my 7th month and I still don't have any stretch marks and I've gained 10 lbs so far.)
I started using creams to moisturize my belly as soon as I started gaining weight- about month 4 (prior to that I couldn't gain an ounce due to crazy morning sickness).


I have been told by many that moisturizing will not keep you from getting stretchmarks, but it can help get your skin ready for the stretching it will be doing so maybe the marks won't be so severe.


I personally like Curell Pregnancy- enriched with Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Collagen and Elastin- it is really thick and I noticed a real difference in the texture and suppleness of my skin within a couple weeks.


I have also heard that you should avoid scratching your belly- it will itch as it stretches! Hands off!


Last, try to avoid eating excessively %26amp; avoid eating foods high in fat and sugar- the amount of weight you gain will also have an impact on whether or not you get stretch marks.
ASAP if u ask me... i unfortunately strated to late and now i hav them bad...
Couldn't hurt to start now. However, stretch marks can't really be prevented. You'll either get them or you won't and it's already been determined by your genes. If you've gotten them before, you'll likely get them again. But like I said, it couldn't hurt to start now.
everyone is different sometimes you gain the weight early in preg or late. so i would start asap just keep lotioned up and you'll be fine you don't really need any specific cream now tho. but baby oil gel works well and has a better sent the coco butter.





they are not hereditary they depend on the elasticty of ur skin. i know i spelled that wrong but its not hereditary at all

No comments:

Post a Comment