Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do any of those stretch mark creams really work for pregnancy? Or should I use plain OL cocoa butter???

I'd ry Cocoa Butter first, also I always see ads for creams, I don't know if they work, but I guess you can always ask for a refund if is doesn't http://www.stretch-mark.netDo any of those stretch mark creams really work for pregnancy? Or should I use plain OL cocoa butter???
Nup, they're all the same. Plain old cocoa butter is actually the best (and usually the main ingredient in those creams anyway), or any old moisturiser. It's about preventing your skin from breaking as it stretches, so any moisturisation is good moisturisation!Do any of those stretch mark creams really work for pregnancy? Or should I use plain OL cocoa butter???
use natural things but stick to one thing only or else it would take time to show the results and be very regular apply at night and sleep
extra vitamin E and B6 (i think or maybe it was 12). and any lotion


i gained 50 lbs and lost it immediately with no marks.
I don't think cream works at all,,myth..? yes,, I think it depends on each persons skin , and the elasticity of it!
Can't fight the stretch marks. If its in your genes, then you're out of luck. Just try not to gain so much. Stay at a healthy recommended weight according to what your doctor says.





No amount or type of cream is going to help. The women who swear up and down that creams worked for them are the genetically lucky ones and don't even know it.
I found that regular Cocoa butter helped a little bit as ddi a product from AVON stretchmark cream I cannot remember the name of it though I believe it was there brand of stretch mark cream ...Some people say Nothing helps others say somethings do I personally feel it helped a little bit to Help Diminish the look of them but not totally make them disappear. Good luck
I do not believe creams can stop the skin from stretching and scarring from the outside.





In my opnion and experience, exercise and diet are the secret to no stretch marks, not creams. If you gain too much weight and the muscles are flab not muscles, than you stretch that fat and it marks up. If it's muscle you will not have marks. Also, a diet rich in vitamin E, A, and C all offer the skin internal support from scarring. Just watch your weight, walk every day, and limit your fat intake and try not to gain the wrong kind of weight: just baby weight. Congratulations!!
Palmer's cocoa butter is wonderful. I used it after my pregnancies and during actually.
I would recommend applying the cocoa butter three times a day to the belly, hips, breasts,upper thighs and buttocks. The best time is when you get out of the shower and the skin is still moist it absorbs better. I don't really know about stretch mark creams for prevention. I can tell you that they are very expensive and for prevention they may not any better that cocoa butter. I have used them after the fact and they don't help that much on existing stretch marks. Prevention is the best defense. Realize that even if you end up with a few stretch marks the reward its worth it.
You poor thing, people are telling you to not gain weight when you're talking about PREGNANCY here!!! Of course you can't help weight gain! Anyway, Palmer's cocoa butter really is the best as long as it's applied daily throughout the pregnancy (not just in the last trimester). It might not completely prevent stretchmarks but it will provide your skin with a little bit more elasticity and it will definitely reduce any potential pink/purple appearance. If you want, you can find a cream that is strictly for improving skin's elasticity and use both that and the cocoa butter. My friend did that and I swear she has only ONE stretchmark from having twins and she was a tiny, tiny girl before.

No comments:

Post a Comment